These are the cranberries that took so long to be marked down after Thanksgiving and Christmas but that I finally got for a dollar a bag. I saved these so that I could try wine making and I put it of and put it off but this week there was no room in the freezer for these, so I had to do something with them and I still wanted that wine.
I am using the recipe here even though these aren't highbush cranberries and I have changed it a bit as I boiled the cranberries and golden raisins first:
Boiled the cranberries then let them cool some and put them in the bucket with a crushed campden tablet.
I did use the lid on the bucket as I don't like the idea of how many bugs I could attract with a bucket with just a cloth on top. It has cooled quite a bit an I will soon add the sugar, yeast nutrient and pectic enzyme.
I think I may need a few more things before I am through. I have one airlock and bung but I only have gallon jugs to use as "secondaries" (so far) so may need another bung and airlock for this much.
I am very interested to see how this turns out. I have wanted to try wine making for a long time. It seems complicated at first since I have never done it but last year bacon and sausage making were a mystery too so I am sure...eventually, I will at least turn out a product that is drinkable. I wouldn't know a good wine from a bad one though so I guess "drinkable" is the best I can do....well, alcoholic would be nice too.