Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pink Lemonade Wine and Apple Wine




Because Deb asked for this recipe and it is so hard to find (even for me) I thought I would write down exactly how I will make the 3 gallons. Keep in mind I am just learning this so I can't tell you that this would be what a "seasoned" winemaker would do.

Pink Lemonade Wine (three gallons)

6 cans of frozen pink lemonade
3 heaping cups of sugar
8 2/3  pink lemonade containers of water "per" gallon
3 tsp yeast nutrient
3 tbsp lemon juice
Campden tablets

Now I am not any expert on which wine yeast to use. I am basically just using up what I have. I believe last time I used Red Star Pasteur Red but I am out of that and only have a few to choose from so this time I am going to use Red Star Pasteur Champagne yeast.

I put the lemonade, water, yeast nutrient, lemon juice, sugar and a crushed Campden tablet in the bucket and stirred it well. Then left it at least 12 hours. Then I start the yeast according to the package directions and  then add it to the bucket. I'll leave this at least a week in the primary stirring every day. I then will rack it into the gallon jugs with air lock on them and leave it for a month when I will rack it again adding another crushed Campden tablet. Leave it another month and then add 1/2 tsp. potassium sorbate and then leave under airlock for another 30 days. Then I will sweeten it with Welch's White Grape Juice and rack it into bottles.

Apple Wine (one gallon)

2 cans of frozen apple juice
8 2/3  apple juice containers of water
2 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 tsp. tannin
1 1/2 tsp. yeast nutrient
1/2 package of Red Star Premier Cuvee wine yeast
Campden tablets

Put the applet juice, water , sugar, tannin, yeast nutrient and crushed Campden tablet in the bucket and stir very well. Leave for at least 12 hours. Add the wine yeast according to package directions. Leave in the primary 7 days stirring each day. Rack to the gallon jug and leave for another 30 days. Rack again adding a crushed Campden tablet then leave under airlock for another 30 days. Add 1/2 tsp potassium sorbate and leave under airlock for another 30 days. Sweeten with Welch's White Grape Juice and rack into bottles.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you! I looked and looked but could not find that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I was tired of having to look for it when I needed it to so it will be here where I can find it easily. I have it liked over on the left in Popular Posts as well.

      Delete
  2. You keep doing things that I need to "add to the list!" Bookmarking this page. Thanks Becky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those lists but it got considerable shorter this year ...and then I added more stuff to it.

      Delete
  3. are you sayng the frozen can of lemonade/ juice is the 12 oz size?
    thanks
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have been talking about getting back into wine making - its been probably 3 years since we've made some. These recipes sound amazing. Will definitely have to try these out! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed it (the making and the drinking!). I have a pineapple, apple raspberry and mixed berry ones fermenting right now :)

      Delete