Friday, April 1, 2011

Harvest Friday!

I need a bigger basket.
Here they are in their own separate colanders; radishes, kale and spinach. Looks like a lot but when blanched and in the freezer it is just a couple meals and some radishes to put in a salad (lettuce is ready to be picked too but I left it) this weekend. Still, this is a really good harvest for my little raised bed and, of course, there will be more.
Here are those Sweet Palmetto onions that I bought at the store. They have really grown big.

I have never had any success with onions before so this is great.
They may be some kind of bunching onion as some of them now have grown into two bulbs.
Here is a picture of the raspberries in the making.
and here is the first strawberry. This one is from one of the pink flowering plants and they seem to make very pointed strawberries.

Well, that is all I have to show for today. Going to be a beautiful weekend so I am glad I got some work done today. 

6 comments:

  1. Boy I am jealous. Everything looks mouthwatering. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had been bent over that raised bed fence picking all that kale, spinach and radishes, you might not have felt quite as jealous and then there was the blanching and vaccuum sealing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I am envious as well.... Be sure to eat the radish greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ducks ate the radish greens. They needed them more than we did.

    ReplyDelete