Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Roll Call

Jenna at Cold Antler Farm did a roll call on the things she has on here farm and then I saw it as well at Saving the Big Money so I thought I would do one here as well. Yup, just copying them. At first it kind of felt like bragging but then I thought how hard it is to keep up with all the blogs I have and what things they have and are doing so maybe it isn't bragging but just another way to connect.

The animals are easier to do than the plants everyone listed. I have been here for years, not even sure I can remember everything that is planted here.

-2 people  one who works full time and one almost full time (35 hours a week)
-1 daughter- soon to be going to college
-2 dogs-protection but mostly companionship
-Approx 10 cats and assorted kittens (we have only seen two but one other mama has some somewhere)-I suppose rodent control but mostly companionship.
-2 pigs- meat
-10 meat chickens
-5 hens and 2 roosters- eggs
-11 ducks 1 duckling- eggs, possibly meat eventually
-1 pheasant- it is just there, pet- I suppose
-Approx 30-49 quail (never have counted)- meat, eggs
-10 bantam chickens--eggs, brooding

I'll take a stab at the food plants
-9 raised beds
-1 plum tree
-1 peach tree
-1 lemon tree
-1 pomegranate tree
-1 Chinese chestnut
-2 pecan trees
-2 hazelnut bushes
-2 blueberry bushes-none lived from last year
- Assorted brambles- blackberries and raspberries
-2 grape vines
-3 fig tress
-Strawberries- a few have lived
-1 quince (it has never been more than ornamental however)

That is pretty much all that I can think of besides I guess I have been lazy enough this morning. I have a really good sinus infection coming on and it allows me to wake up with migraines every morning just plain keeps me tired lately. You all have a great day. Hopefully this weekend I'll get more work done.

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of animals. I've got exactly zero. Unless you count the worms in the garden beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have lots of worms this year and I also have a tub of mealworms to feed to the quail. I need to make a larger tub though.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take some local honey, I find it helps.

    You have quite a collection there. You should be very proud of yourself.I love seeing posts like this. It makes me re-think what I am happy............no joyful! To have around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use raw honey in my coffee every day (when I have it). It doesn't help much for sinus infections but it certainly helps to not make my throat raw.
      I'm not sure I like the idea that I am proud of it. It is just what I like to do :)

      Delete
  3. You have a great group there! Something that many (I'm sure) aspire to.... Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they all think of you as "Mom" too!

    ReplyDelete