I just wanted to post a little update on how the garden was going. Since it was pretty much a bust this summer, I am definitely making some changes to all raised beds. This is the work in progress. So far everything I have used has been recycled. Three of these are made with wood from the bunk beds (you saw the first two and then I realized I could make a little one out of the rest of the wood from the bed) and the other bed is made from an old pile of blocks I found in the woods when we moved here. They once were my fire pit but since we don't use that anymore, they now are another raised bed.
Planted in the first two right now are red cabbage, broccoli, green cabbage, and garlic (the spinach and onions did not sprout/live). I don't have anything to fill the other two with right now so they will likely just slowly get filled until spring and yes I hope to eventually put down some kind of mulch in between the beds to keep the weeds down.