Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quail Leg Soup

Yesterday I had to figure out something to put in the crock pot for supper. I had meant to get out some pork ribs the night before but I had forgotten. Instead I decided to take out and use up the quail legs. I took them out of the bag and put the whole lump in frozen, added two cans of cream of mushroom soup, approximately 4 cans of water, several potatoes cut into chunks, a jar of canned carrots, some dried mushrooms and some salt and pepper. Turned it on low and let it go for the day. It turned out quite wonderful and is definitely a recipe I will use again.
Tonight we will have the ribs.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simple things turn out to be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! That looks and sounds delicious! Isn't it wonderful having all of those foods on hand that ya'll worked so hard to preserve? Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some really good comfort food to me! All those canned goods sure do come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The definitely do. I don't believe I "really" knew how to cook until I started canning and storing food. Now I can make a meal out of anything that I have here, before it took planning and buying things to make a meal.

      Delete
  4. Self Sufficient soup! Isn't wonderful to look in the pantry / freezer and put something together that is delicoius and didn't come out of a box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is wonderful to be able to put a meal on the table just like back in grandma's day..no food boxes or plastic bags to dispose of, jars that get cleaned and reused, and food that you have grown and processed yourself. guess alot of us were green and energy efficient before being green and energy efficient was cool! :)

    ReplyDelete