Sunday, July 15, 2012

Smoked Pork Shoulder

Ok, here is the smoked pork shoulder we did today. I smoked it with plum wood at 250 F. I don't really know how long it smoked for. I took it out there sometime between 9:00 and 9:30 a.m. and the wonderful $30 digital thermometer said it was done about 3:00 p.m. It looked good...
but it wasn't done. Another couple hours though and it looked like this...
It was SO GOOD! I made  mashed potatoes and corn on the cob with it. Threw the diets right out the window...

7 comments:

  1. One of my favorites! Pulled pork sandwiches, tacos - omlets - just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! Wow! You did good! My mouth is watering just thinking about smoked shoulder! Did you use Sweet Baby Ray's on it? That is some good stuff! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not, though I do agree with you. I used a rub that I bought at the store.

      Delete
  3. With some Apple sauce I would have been in heaven, it still makes my mouth water every time I look at it

    ReplyDelete