Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Eastman Outdoors Processing Set

This is my Eastman Outdoors Processing set that I got for Christmas (I may have been just a tad spoiled this Christmas).

The 7-piece Eastman Outdoors™ processing kit includes a caping knife, skinning knife, boning/fillet knife, butcher knife, sharpening steel, cutting shears and a single-handed bone saw. It all comes housed in a protective case and also included a bonus DVD on butchering/ sausage making/ jerky making. I loved watching the DVD and learned a lot from it but hadn't really gotten to use the knives until tonight when I cut up that other turkey. All I can say is what a wonderful thing it was to have such beautifully sharp knives to work with. It was so fast and easy to cut up the turkey! Butchering next year is going to be so much quicker.

15 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny what makes a farmgal happy !!! I would love to have these,lol have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have the right tools for the job sure can make it easier! Happy butchering:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! That's a nice piece of kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some proper poultry shears last year and I too was amazed by the difference. That looks like great equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going to say the same thing as blackberry brambles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Spoiled....Very nice equipment...I am so jealous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very neat! Anything to make chores a little bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now where is the deer? Looks like great gear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apparently the deer is still frolicking in the woods. Phil only had time to go hunting once this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking to get a couple piglets though! Found some in the next town over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed. Will be looking forward to more butchering how-to when you have opportunities. This city-gal (well, close enough) is sadly lacking in this knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With knives and such-like I think that buying the best quality you can afford is a good policy. That set sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much is a set like that looking to buy a set for my dad . Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete