Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sweet Pickled Cauliflower

I have never actually made this before but I had bought a large cauliflower and one of the members of the group mentioned pickled cauliflower and I looked it up.  I was kind of overwhelmed by how many different recipes there were for pickled cauliflower so I put together the ingredients from each that I liked and made up my own. I really have no idea if it will be good or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

1 large head cauliflower
1 small onion
A couple carrots sliced
1 cup red wine vinegar
4 cups white vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 T. mustard seed
1 T. celery seed
1 tsp. whole cloves
2 tsp. salt

Put cauliflower and carrots in a pan and heat to boiling. Boil 5 minutes. While doing that put the rest of the ingredients in another pan. Heat to boiling.Boil 5 minutes. Put cauliflower and carrots into prepared jars and spoon vinegar mixture over them, add lids. Boiling water bath can for 10 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You have a great assortment of canned produce! I'll be browsing through your blog as I like the self-sufficiency content very much! I think that is the answer to a lot of today's problems. I think self-sufficiency is empowering.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Veggie PAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete