Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday

We had to run to town this morning and pick up another hanging water dish for the pig. He likes to step in his food and water dishes and he is now so heavy that they break. This time I got one made with thicker plastic. We also had to pick Christian up a birthday present. He will be three years old this month.
When I got home I started my regular chores with the ducklings. It was pretty obvious that the little brooder just wasn't room enough for them any longer. They needed bigger quarters.
Out in the back shed beside the sink is a broken down pen. I set to work fixing it today. I used some previously used wire and an old cupboard door that once went on another pen.
Well, it looks better in real life. And the ducklings are loving it. I do get worried about the cats and snakes when I put chicks outside though. Their peeping attracts both. I have been out there several times checking on them.
Other than that, I haven't done much except bottled one of the gallons of cranberry wine. Yes,  I know it is way to early. I DON'T CARE! I don't have anything to drink and there were all these jugs of wine sitting on the dresser and I tasted one and it was good!
Need I say more?
Seriously, it probably isn't a really good wine and it needs to be sweetened some but it really doesn't seem too bad to me. Keep in mind that I wouldn't really know a "good" wine from a bad one anyway but I personally thought this one tasted alright.

10 comments:

  1. I can tell wines that I like from those that I don't, but I'm not a fan of dry wines. So it doesn't matter how good it is if it has no sweetness at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is muscadine wine. Walmart sells it. It's from North Carolina and the name is Duplin. Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try some muscadine wine. There are a couple of vines by the house that are producing this year and my sil says she can probably get me more.

      Delete
  3. Drinking homemade wine is awesome! It is so on the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with homemade wine is once you make one, you tend to make more and more and more, lol.

      Delete
  4. I see you are hands one.And the wine looks good to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am handy when I have to be. I like my animals to have enough room. I don't feel good if their pen is too small and messy.

      Delete
  5. Hi Becky,

    That wine looks good so I say as chief ‘taster’ you owe it to everybody to have a glass-or two-in order to ensure ‘quality’ control...cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi becky, that wine islooking good. There is no bad time to taste wine.

    ReplyDelete