Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crockpot Chicken and Rice

I have never made chicken and rice but today I did sort of by accident. I had some chicken in the freezer(leg quarters) that really had been there a while and needed to be used up. I work evenings so needed it to go in the crockpot.
I started by putting the chicken in, then adding a package of Good Seasons Italian dressing, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and enough water to cover the chicken. I then got looking around the cupboards and found two cans of tomato soup and a can of whole tomatoes. I added these and left my daughter with instructions to put two boil-in-bag rice in right before Phil got home. He cut open the bags when he got here.
It is wonderful. The italian dressing adds a nice light tang to the tomato which is great.

So here is the recipe written up right:

Crockpot Chicken and Rice

3 leg quarters
1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing
1/4 to 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 cans tomato soup
1 can whole tomatoes

2 bags boil-in-bag rice

Put the first 5 ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours, push the bags of rice down in the liquid, cook until rice is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment