Tuesday, April 1, 2014

More Pretties


I am just so impressed with how well these tulips have done this year. I have never had tulips bloom for me before. These are just gorgeous!



The fountain got a good cleaning today and looks nice now too and as you can see in the background some of the grass has come back this year. I did put out more grass seed too this spring so hopefully we will eventually have a nice yard. 


These may not look like pretties but I hope they will be eventually. If you look real close you can see the little fiddleheads of the ferns that I planted by the pond, just coming out now. Ferns are pretty to me.  I have two different varieties of ferns that I planted by the pond. The other one is coming up too. 

Outside the fence there are more tulips. These apparently are yellow (I always forget what I planted). 


No pretties here yet but the taller of the bushes here is the lilac colored rose bush that I transplanted from the other side of the house last year. It had almost no leaves then but looks great now. There is also a small pink rose bush in this bed and the other plants are ranunculus that I planted from bulbs this spring as well. I have never had any luck with those either so I do hope they bloom. 

This is the same patch that I showed you before that had yellow daffodils. Apparently the white daffodils bloom later which is nice because it really extends the bloom period of this bed.

There are other flowers blooming that I haven't got pictures of yet and I have started to work on the vegetable garden again as well. It is completely overgrown with chick weed but the chickens had a nice feed this morning when I took some of weeds from the garden up to them.

12 comments:

  1. I love your flowers, look so beautiful, especially the tulips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased with them this year. I might actually get out and weed that front flower bed this year, lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Becky! I love your tulips! They are so pretty! Rubi dug up most of mine and I was so discouraged that I didn't plant them back! I love ferns too! You are fortunate to have such a pretty place for them to grow! The fountain looks so lovely! And I love all the green grass! Your place is coming along very nicely, Becky! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted a nicely planted lush yard but I always end up with one that has a flower here or there and lots of bare spots, lol, I do keep trying though.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love them. Can't wait until the yellow ones are fully out.

      Delete
  4. Your tulips are beautiful! Mine turned out lovely this year, too. My roses have just started to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My roses aren't blooming yet. I can't wait until they do :)

      Delete
  5. Tulips are one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I really love morning glories but have never had tulips here before so they are special this year.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you may have experienced a resurgence of interest in gardening! Have you got a greenhouse full of vegetable seedlings yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it would be too late here already for me to start something from seed but I will be buying plants :)

      Delete