Monday, March 31, 2014

Banana Pancakes

This post comes from my daughter Michelle. She went to a friends house for a few days and came back with this recipe. It is the simplest of recipes. Only two ingredients: bananas and eggs. Yup, just those two. Michelle thinks these are just the best things she has ever tasted so I made sure to get her some bananas when I went shopping this weekend and she made some this morning. She made some for herself. I was lucky enough to get one bite and a couple of pictures before she finished them off.
She took 3 bananas and mashed them with a potato masher and added two eggs and stirred well. Then just cooked them like regular pancakes.

She seems to think that they are best with peanut butter.

As I said, I only got one bite and found them to be fairly good though I am not sure they will replace regular pancakes in my book. 

10 comments:

  1. Well they sound good. Anything with bananas in it sounds good to me. I love them But of course regular banana pancakes would probably be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ok. I just think when you bite into it your mind expects it to taste like a pancake and it doesn't.

      Delete
  2. I just discovered this recipe myself...and since I have lots of leftover bananas from the school I've been making these pancakes daily. I also freeze the bananas and then throw them in the blender with a dash of vanilla...yummy: soft serve ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the freezing of the bananas once but did not like it, but then I didn't blend it up afterwards and it turned out hard. Will have to try it your way.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do make pancakes with banana in them but am going to have to try this out, very healthy but looks and sounds decadent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have liked it with syrup on it. She only gave me a bite of a piece with nothing on it.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to make these for Christian. Sometimes he asks for pancakes when it's not pancake day. This seems simple enough & I'm sure he would love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, does sound like something he would like :)

      Delete
  6. Great read thanks for writing this

    ReplyDelete