Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Casserole

With only three of us here at home now there are a lot of leftovers from Thanksgiving.  That turkey has to be used up but if you don't get creative you can get real sick of it.  Today I just threw together a casserole. It was so good I wanted to post it so that I will have the recipe written down where I can find it again.


Turkey Casserole

Leftover turkey approx a cup and a half or however much you want
Half a 12 oz. bag of egg noodles, cooked and drained
2-8 oz bags shredded cheese (I had a Fiesta blend and an Italian blend which both had 4 different cheeses)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of onion
1 can corn
Approx. 1/4 of an onion chopped
1 heaping spoonful of chopped garlic
3/4 of a soup can of milk
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
Parsley, dried or chopped

Put turkey, soups, milk, corn in a large bowl and stir well. Put butter, onion and garlic in a small bowl and microwave about 1 1/2 minutes depending on your microwave. Add to bowl. Add the cooked egg noodles and stir. Add half of each package of cheese and a couple tablespoons of parsley. Stir well. Put in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and sprinkle with more parsley. Bake 20-30 minutes until bubbly.



14 comments:

  1. This Looks pretty yummy, we did a stuffing bake tonight, and the rest of my turkey is in the freezer, I am still hoping to make soup later this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually end up canning a few jars but I don't think that is going to happen this time.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! I have just about 1 cup of turkey left. Everyone has been chowing down on left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky! Great way to use that left-over turkey! Sounds yum! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be taking leftover casserole to work tomorrow :)

      Delete
  4. Now you must try making turkey curry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never have left over turkey. I go to friends and we have about 30 people. That many can really eat a turkey to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks real good! I went to the store yaetrday and t hey had potatoes at .99 / 10 lbs - I thought of you and bought a bag - will be canning some this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely more convenient canned and are good fried or just eaten as chunks or in stews. They don't make real good mashed potatoes.

      Delete
  7. your turkey casserole looks absolutely delicious..is it not just amazing what we can conjure up with just a few odds and ends. i think i might have added some of the leftover broccoli in your casserole and served it all over a bed of wild rice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I really don't like wild rice and I add broccoli to casseroles a LOT which is why I decided to add corn to this one. The corn is better, lol.

      Delete
    2. lol, i think i would add some of the canned carrots to this too...hehhehehe, just saying. love the versatility of casseroles (and pot pies too).

      Delete
    3. Yup, carrots are good, snow peas are good, peppers etc. Just about anything can be put in a casserole.

      Delete