Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sausage Patties

Last Saturday I made yogurt and you can see my post on yogurt making here but on Sunday Phil had requested that I make more sausage. Phil likes the second recipe that I posted on this blog post. It is quite spicy.
I had place a nice big pork shoulder in the refrigerator a few days before so it would be thawed and ready. I was determined to remember to take pictures this time and I did....until the battery in the camera died anyway.
Don't let Phil's hands fool you, he was only putting meat in the grinder while I took the picture. I cut it up and ground it and then went to put the spices in and found we were out of brown sugar so I had to make my own by adding molasses to regular sugar.
I made it a bit spicier than it called for because my last batch wasn't spicy enough. Then I just made them up into patties and put 4 patties each in a quart bag.
There was 9 lbs of sausage and it made 25  (rather large) sausage patties. It is a bit spicy this time but Phil thinks it is great.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! I bet that sausage is delicious! I really like grinding my own meat, just wished I could 'grow' some pork and beef! Spicy sausage is good, especially in that Ro-Tel dip! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama! (I tried to leave a comment on garden shots yesterday, but it wouldn't let me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,

    The sausage looks amazing, some where down the line I'm hoping to pickup an
    old fashioned meat grinder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that you adjusted the spiciness to suit your tastes. Recipes should be guidelinse only; not mandatory. Of course I would want to make chorizo or something similar, with paprika, chilli etc! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good. At almost 6 oz each.. Those could be served as "burgers" on a bun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize this is an old post, and I hope you're still checking it...I would love to make that second sausage recipe, but here (and in one other post) you say it gets brown sugar, but the recipe on the actual page doesn't include brown sugar. How much goes in?

    Thanks! I've been loving reading your 'blog!

    ReplyDelete