Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Egg Dog Food

This morning I collected 4 duck eggs, 4 chicken eggs and 13 quail eggs. That is pretty much the average although the ducks can be stingy and only give two eggs sometimes.  I tend to give quite a few to my neighbor and if they gave me things in return that would be self sufficient...but they don't -- not anymore... though they love me and are happy to take my eggs. Anyway, I have decided that I need to be a bit more self sufficient than that. Every single animal I have here can eat eggs! Why am I giving them away?
Normally I have to buy canned dog food for our shepherd. He is nearly 9 years old now and can still eat dry dog food but he prefers not to eat much of it so he gets canned now. He will however happily eat any bone, leftover or whatever you decide to bring to him. Today I brought him chopped up hard boiled eggs mixed with a little cat food. He was perfectly happy with that and it saved me a can of dog food.

2 comments:

  1. Today the dog ate eggs and gibblets that were still in the freezer from butchering time. A lot of people have written me that they liked this post but no one has commented here, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having trouble posting on your blog until today, now for some reason it will let me..lol

    ReplyDelete