Their hatching meant I had a lot of work to do. Had to move the quail out of the outside brooder and it had to be cleaned out and it hadn't been cleaned for a while. I took it all down to the raised beds and compost pile. Then the chicks in the indoor brooder had to be moved outside. It was time anyway.
As you can see the block bed has been filled. A variety of things went into it hay rakings, leaves, compost and manure from the pens. It should be a good bed by spring. I started filling the log bed as well today.
I have started laying down feed bags in between the beds and hope to add mulch later to keep the weeds back some. I have lots of feed bags that I usually burn so might as well put them to good use. Shouldn't take long before I have it fully covered. The garden raised beds are made out of quite the hodge-podge of things but they haven't cost me a thing so far. I still have room for a few more.We'll have to wait and see what I make those out of.