Wednesday, May 20, 2020

What to Make With Canned Chicken--Chicken Pot Pie




Chicken soup is, of course, a really easy thing to do with canned chicken but I got a little more creative and made chicken pot pie today. I started by putting the filling in the crockpot for about 3 hours.

Two jars of my canned chicken (pints)
 one can of cream of chicken soup
a little water
Diced Potatoes- I only needed 4 medium potatoes
1/2 a small onion, also diced
salt and pepper to taste

Just before putting it in the pie shell I added one of those very small cans (8.5 oz) of peas and carrots.

Of course, you can add any veggies you want to yours and use frozen or home canned as well. I used what I had on hand.

 I made my own crust just using the recipe for a crust from my cookbook. For once it didn't fight me and tear or stick. I brushed egg white on top.

I cooked it in my little convection oven for about a half an hour. Delicious!




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was really good and my husband loved and is still telling people about it, lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Becky, good to find your blog again. I bought a new computer and had to reapply my blog and when I did, I lost all my reading list. So, I'm back. That food looks so scrumptious. Mmmm! Mmmm! good. Remember: My Alaska Way of Life. New things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your chicken is stringy too, I really hate this, every time I try chicken soup and dumplings the chicken is this way, how do you not make it like this? before it was not like this,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure Titanium Earrings & Accessories - Titsanium Arts
    Titsanium urban titanium metallic Arts, microtouch solo titanium Inc. is an chi titanium flat iron award-winning luxury jewelry and accessories provider. The award-winning products of Titsanium Arts titanium headers are made in the gold titanium alloy

    ReplyDelete