Tuesday, May 19, 2020

What Do You Make With Canned Pork?

Actually I knew I was going to use some of it for barbecue sandwiches even while I was canning it. I had never even heard of barbecue sandwiches until I moved to the South. At one time cooks used to roast tough meats over the fire and then shred them and make them into barbecue to make them tender enough to eat. These days it is more likely a pork roast is cooked in the oven, then maybe put on the fire- or not, sauce added and you have a good meal.
The canned pork I did was so easy since it was already cooked and easy to shred. I pulled it apart with a couple of forks.


It made a good bit more than I thought it was going to. Great for if you have more than two people eating. I added some barbecue spice and barbecue sauce, heated it up and that was it.
 

It really was very good. I'll try to post what else I do with my canned pork and chicken as we go along.






1 comment: