Saturday, May 31, 2014

Still Growing!

Hi everyone, I'm still here. I have been planting a lot more flowers and a few more vegetables and we are having pop-up thunderstorms every evening which has been great...because I haven't had to water anything for several days.
Here is our first almost ripe tomato. It is on the cherry tomato bush that was in the last few posts.

Not much of a meal yet...but maybe combined with some peppers.



Ok, these have a little more growing to do. These are the ones in pots up by the greenhouse--I moved them out of the greenhouse recently so that they could get some of this wonderful rain.


I ventured down to the actual garden to get this picture. It is completely overgrown but these hot banana peppers are still trying to produce. I have no idea what I will use them for. Maybe I will make some more hot pepper relish. We actually used up all the hot pepper relish....well, I used it up. I don't believe Phil and Michelle ate any of it.

While I was out there wandering and taking pictures I got some more of the peaches. The peach tree has grown in so thick this year that I had to hold back the foliage to find the peaches. There aren't very many of them but they sure are pretty.



And the last actual edible---not that we ever use it-- is the lemon balm. I pulled out some on one end of this bed but the other end is just huge already.


Now for the flowers. Most of them are doing really well so far. I have had several nice new additions too.









I haven't really done anything else lately except play violin. I have been working hard at it and definitely getting better.


15 comments:

  1. I pulled my lemon balm out this year I used to use it but I just don't anymore. And I really don't need to deal with all of its babies. So out it came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine pretty much stays on that one end of the house so I just let it go.It used to be in the front flower garden too but I am pulling it all out of there.

      Delete
  2. Hi Becky, love your photos, the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the visible bounty of Spring and Summer, be that in harvestable goodies, or in the beauty of blooms, worth all the dark, miserable and stormy winter weather :)

    "To everything there is a season" - for everything needs to rest to build up strength for what lies ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure that winter is ever really rest time, even here in GA but I get your point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that yellow rose. The middle one of the photos of it (the one with the raindrops) is very nice. Nearly as nice as the tomato! :) I'm jealous of your ripe tomatoes. My plants are only just producing their first flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the photos with the rain drops too. I gave the tomato to Phil. He likes them better than I do and I always give away the first ones :)

      Delete
  7. Even with the rain everything looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In summer here rain is a bonus and keeps you from having to water so much. Even with showers every evening, I will have to water this evening because it just dries up so much during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Becky! Everything looks so nice! The flowers are beautiful! I love that we are getting rain also! I just hope it won't be so much that the peaches and nectarines rot like they did last year! We didn't get to harvest a single one! Your peaches look like they will be ready soon! You could try drying your peppers to make a powder to use in cooking, if you have enough peppers. I'm thinking about doing that if all of my peppers produce. Pepper sauce is good too. It's good on turnip greens with cornbread. I'm making myself hungry! Keep up with the violin playing! I want to hear you play one day! Have a nice day! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I love my flowers this year. I think the peaches have a ways to go yet but they do look nice this year. We are drying out this week so I doubt they will rot. I tend to freeze my peppers but we don't use them much and I have a half a gallon bag still that I haven't used yet.

      Delete
  10. Looks like it's time to make Lemon Balm Bread! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that was the best recipe for the lemon balm. The bread was definitely good :)

      Delete