Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Phil mentioned in the grocery store that he wanted cinnamon raisin bread and was looking at what they had on the shelf but I told him I could make some...so this weekend I had to make some. Went and googled to find the recipe. I am sure I have several cookbooks that have the recipe but the computer is always faster. Here is the link to the recipe that I used. Mine did not rise real well. Maybe I didn't have the water temperature right or those packets of yeast had sat to long, either way...I have no fear that my bread will get eaten. It is darn good even a little flat.


This recipe makes three loaves. 


Absolutely wonderful!


As for my doctors visit. Blood pressure was up, pulse was in the 120's. Had to do an EKG which came back normal. Had to wear a 24 hour heart monitor which I don't have the results from yet (I missed the call Friday). Had to have a tetnus shot (just because I haven't had one for 10 years-swelled quite badly). Have pain pills (which don't help) and exercises for my foot (which help the arch of my foot but make my heel hurt more) and blood pressure medicine which keeps my blood pressure down during the day (and my pulse) but it is back up the next morning. Have to go back next week on the 13th and 14th to have other, long overdue stuff done.


11 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! The bread looks delicious! I can almost smell the cinnamon! Thanks for the update on your doctor visit. I hope there is something more they can do for your foot. The pain must be hard on you at times. I hope all checks out well next week. Keep us in touch. Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have just gotten used to the pain in my foot. It is just there and my feet have adjusted so that I step on the heel as little as possible.

      Delete
  2. Your bread looks good, perhaps if you used bread flour it would rise more, the gluten is stronger to hold such a rich dough up. I am lazy and use my normal bread recipe, I just use Brown sugar and 1 cup raisins to every loaf along with 1 tbsp of Cinnamon. I do add eggs sometimes but only if i have them to spare. Foot pain is as bad as earache, there is no way that you can keep off your feet completely. I hope that it is resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how much cinnamon and sugar this recipe had but it was definitely good. I have lots of extra eggs from the chickens lately. Just took some to my neighbor yesterday because I had too many.

      Delete
  3. I feel so sorry for you with all your current health problems. I bet you sometimes don't feel like cooking at all, so making the Cinnamon Bread was probably a welcome diversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are a lot of times lately that I don't feel like cooking but luckily I don't have to because Phil cooks most nights since I get home after him but on the weekends I usually like to do one really good meal that can't be done during the week because we want quick meals during the week.

      Delete
  4. Your cinamon bread looks delish - I have never eaten any but will have to give it a try now that I have seen yours. Sorry to hear that you are in pain, hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you HAVE to try cinnamon raisin bread! I have had the pain for about 3 years now. Really the being hot all the time was driving me crazy but with my blood pressure and pulse down I am not nearly as hot and have a lot more energy.

      Delete
  5. Cinnamon Raisin toast! Taste of childhood. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky, your bread looks fine and I bet it tasted good. I remember my Cinnamon rolls weren't perfect but, tasted yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh that looks so amazing! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe with us, it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete