Monday, May 30, 2022

Garden Update

 The garden here at the new house is doing amazingly well. We don't have huge amounts of produce but everything I did plant is looking great. The kale grew great over the winter an we have 6 packages of frozen kale to show for it. 


We have had a small meal of podded peas but those have gone by now that it is getting hot. The tomatoes, however, are loving the heat. I ended up buying a 6 pack of Celebrity tomatoes because my seedlings just did not do well under the grow lights this year. I really think it is because I bought a seed starting mix to plant them in and the stuff just dried out so fast. Next year we'll go with regular potting soil. Anyway, there are a few of my seedling tomatoes that survived and the Celebrity six pack and, though my seedings are growing slower, all are making tomatoes now. 



The other success is the squash. I planted some yellow, zucchini and pattypan and so far we have yellow and pattypan making squash. I harvested 3 yellow squash this week and we had squash and onions with a grilled roast last night that was absolutely wonderful. 


I also have onions, turnips and beans in the garden. I believe the birds found quite a few of the bean seeds as I have large gaps in my little rows and the turnip row seems to have only turnips on both ends not in the middle. Next year maybe some netting. I also have two of these galvanized bins with herbs in them: sage, thyme, rosemary and oregano. Plus I have a very large rosemary plant that I planted last year. 





I think my next project will be a compost bin. My daughter had a small rolling one given to her that I like very much and believe I will order one for myself. 
Hope you all are having a great growing season and that it is raining when you need it to. Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. i am a long term reader of your blog. I have learned much from you and your readers insights. Let me share my experience with dove, Dove has been a part of my household for as long as I can remember and since I have very sensitive skin Dove soap as well as the rest of their line of products work well for me.Until I had a skin cancer were I was recommended to Dr Itua herbal center to undergo three weeks treatment which really cured my skin cancer and today I'm completely cured from skin cancer also I will recommend Dr Itua herbal center to anyone with any types of cancer or disease and infections to contact Dr Itua herbal center on his website https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ or email him directly to his email address drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com to order your herbal medicine of any types to heal.

    ReplyDelete