Thursday, July 20, 2017

My Little Harvest

A couple days ago I picked these off of my one pepper plant and two tomato plants. Not much I know but I am pretty happy to have them. I guess I feel like as long as I am growing something it will be alright until we get in a place where we can really have a decent garden.


I got rid of most of the little pullets from all those chicks I hatched....I gave them away....I hadn't intended to...and I didn't give them all away but a neighbor had her dog get into her pen that had mysteriously gotten open one day (possibly from an neighborhood kid) and her dogs killed all her chickens except 3 roosters. I didn't actually know her she lives on the dirt road next to ours but I had met her on facebook and told her to come get some of my "extras". I gave her 6 pullets. And then another really good friend asked if I had a couple of hens she could get and I said yes so she came and got two pullets. I do still have 6 of the young hens to add to my flock and, of course, lots of roosters.
__________________________________________________________________

Well, this post got delayed. Several things going on right now and I am just trying to keep up. I have gotten three more tomatoes but no more peppers. The pepper plant seems to be dying, maybe better soil next year.
I did get a whole bunch of nice big pots sitting beside the dumpster at our little convenience store. I think they will make good potato pots for next year!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, good to hear from you. I always say, whatever you get from the garden, is a plus. Things will be better in your own place. Roosters can be ruthless, the dpg didn't have a chance, lol. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky :) Your harvest looks great! And what a great find by the dumpster...I'm always on the lookout for more containers for the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way. The smallest crop or foraged food gives me a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs and chickens! I've lost a few to my neighbour!
    As for peppers mine never do very well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How young do you have to be to get all this yumminess. I'm in my 40s. But I'm kinda little.. 1 Like1 CommentLike · Comment · Share. Chronological.
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  6. My handkerchief size plot has provided so far borlotti beans potatoes various salads and the odd courgette, unfortunally lost most of my tomatoes to the dreaded blight...Take care

    ReplyDelete