Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Stocking Up!


But maybe not in the way you would think of me stocking up... I'm stocking up on my knitted and crocheted good to sell because even though nothing is selling now, they seem to sell real good at Christmas....and yes, Christmas is a long time away but these things take time to make. Last year I sold 15 of one particular hat! I'd like to be really stocked up on that hat this year and in several sizes. So now while it is slow, I am going to take the time to make these extras.
 It's boring. Making the same hat, over and over again in different sizes and colors but I think I will feel much better when it is done. I won't do them all at once. I'll do four or five and then make something new or work on another item that sells good (or I hope will sell good).

No more dragons for my grandson...



Or bibs for the new baby coming in Sept...


Or flowers for a very sick friend....



I must focus on...hats....



5 comments:

  1. I would like to know whether you invent the patterns yourself, or buy them. Some of the items you have been making are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, some of them are my own inventions (a lot of the hats) and some of them I just found or bought the patterns for. If I am selling the pattern, I made it up myself. The minecraft hats, the St. Patrick's Day hat, the hat with the hearts are all mine. The dragon was someone else's pattern that I changed some but it is still their pattern. The roses were a tutorial on youtube. The bib was a pattern I acquired for free. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks good. I'd think people would pay for that dragon, He's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that big dragon. He did take me several days to complete. That is the problem with some of the things you can crochet. It just isn't worth your time to make too many to sell because you have to charge too much for them. For the dragon I would probably charge at least $40 and a lot of people who crochet would say that is too cheap. I just can't see anyone spending more than that on a stuffed animal and most wouldn't spend that much.

      Delete
    2. Have you looked at etsy? maybe you could just make a couple and do them on consignment? Perhaps doing dragons in the colors of the college football teams? Just a thought

      Delete