Monday, April 27, 2015

Update

I have been meaning to write. I had several subjects to talk about but I am having problems with the camera on my phone. It will not upload to may computer. It is all Suzie's fault. She chewed on one cord and now none of them will work. So I have to take pictures and then upload through Michelle's computer and I just don't want to bother her with that all the time. Those of you who are on my facebook page have probably seen these photos but they are the ones I have to work with today.
Here is the latest cake. I am quite proud of it. I was so stressed making it though. I never thought making cakes could be that terrible on your nerves. It was a dreary rainy day when I made this cake though and the fondant wanted to stretch too much but I finally got it just right and was pleased with the results.

In other news, the chickens are all doing well and I have more eggs than we can use and have started giving some away to friends and the new chicks aren't even close to laying yet. The meat birds are growing nice and fat as well. I have moved them to a larger pen and my brother was kind enough to make me two feeders. I was going to take pictures of them to show you but that will have to wait until the next post.
Spring has definitely sprung here in Georgia and all my roses are blooming.





So far we have been spared any terrible heat or humidity which is unusual for us. I have not done any gardening at all this year...just can't seem to get into that this year. Maybe someday when we have a better...more sunny, place to grow things.

9 comments:

  1. I love all those roses. I hope the one by the mailbox is thornless. I have a really thorny rose by the plug that my husband uses for his car. Every year he tells me to cut it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not thornless but I try to keep by where the flag is trimmed back.

      Delete
  2. The cake looks very good! DId you cut a barbie in half? And I love the roses.... I took mine out to plant apple trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the doll goes all the way into the cake so she can be removed and played with afterwards. Well, I do love apples too but the trees never seem to do real well here. Plums, pears and peaches do pretty good though.

      Delete
  3. Hi Becky! That cake is awesome! You did a great job with it! I'm sure the recipient was happy! All of the roses are lovely! Isn't it wonderful living in the South? We are like you with much cooler temps and way less than usual humidity! It would be nice if it stayed that way, but alas, it's almost summer! I hope ya'll get to move in the near future! Having a nice, sunny place to grow things is a blessing! But what you have is thriving! Sounds like the chickens are happy! We finally have more eggs than we know what to do with, as well! I want to sell the excess but am having a hard time finding a good customer base. No one seems interested in farm eggs! I hope that changes soon! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there should be a real shortage of eggs soon or a definite price hike. More people may be interested in your eggs soon.

      Delete
  4. Hi Becky, sorry for taking so long to check out your posts. You did good on the cake, when are you going to open a bakery? LOL. I like the roses, I am starting to feel jealous of people who live in milder climates. I'm going to try some flowers this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I don't think I'll get that bakery too soon, still working on getting a better house :(

      Delete
  5. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete