Sunday, September 4, 2022

Another Garden Update

Of course I am way behind again. I planted just a few things in the summer garden, yellow and pattypan squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, turnips, onions, beans and herbs. The squash did great. We got a total of 26 pattypan and yellow squash and we sure did enjoy that fresh squash.
The tomatoes also did well and we had enough to freeze some though those went quickly. We would have had a lot more but we got a dry spell and then a good bit of rain and most of the later tomatoes split. I got some of them in the freezer and we ate some fresh but the spoiled quickly when they were split. 
There was a little handful of turnips and the beans grew and produced great but only about 5 of them sprouted and grew. The onions did almost nothing. I think they just didn't get enough water. We didn't even have green onions! The cucumbers didn't do well either. Too hot and not enough water but we got one small one. The rest were yellow and round. 
The herbs are doing well. More rosemary than I will ever use and basil as well. Actually I am trying to make some basil bread today and there will be a post on its success or failure tomorrow. 








4 comments:

  1. If I get any that are split. I chop them up. With what ever else is ready to harvest and make a kind of ratatouille. I only half cook, to get the water content down and freeze it. I then use it in the slow cooker during winter. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bitcoin nasıl alınır konusunda daha fazla bilgi edinmek isteyenler, kripto para borsalarında işlem yaparken yatırım yapacakları kripto paraların potansiyel rekabetçi avantajlarını ve zayıf yönlerini değerlendirmelidir. Bitcoin nasıl alınır sorusunu soranlar, kripto para yatırımlarında başarı için yatırım yapacakları kripto paraların ödeme yöntemi olarak kabul edilme ve uygulanma süreçlerini dikkate almalıdır.

    ReplyDelete