Saturday, November 4, 2023

Cheap Irrigation

 Since my operation money has been tight while trying to get all these different doctor bills paid so there isn't a whole lot left. Watering, however, is something I really hate having to do. Luckily since we have lived in this house we have had plentiful rain and I have only had to drag that hose out a few times. I never really feel that it does a good watering though. And I also feel I would get better germination when I plant seeds if I had some kind of consistent watering.  I wanted something better but needed something cheap. So I did what we all do now. I searched through Amazon and found he cheapest little sprinkler set I could find then found an even cheaper one with TWO sets ON SALE and I bought that one for $14. (I has now gone up in price). 




My knees have gotten very bad lately but I wanted to test it out so slowly set up a row down one side of my raised bed with garlic and then down the next side where the shallots are. Hooked the hose to it and turned on the water just a tiny bit with the last little sprinkler head turned open. Then I opened each one working my way down the line until I got to the beginning. It works great. 


Now, I don't know how this is going to stand up through the winter. It is just cheap plastic parts but I have enough tubing and sprinkler heads and connectors to redo it if I have to. I definitely am going to add to this in the spring and do the other raised beds so they have water as well. It's been a good day already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment