Tuesday, January 17, 2023

The Greenhouse Part 1

I have wanted a real greenhouse for a long time. The one I had at the old house was made of wood and plastic. Nothing wrong with that but I have always wanted a...well...nicer one. I brought up the subject with Phil about making one from old windows and he liked it and we started searching for our windows. The windows were all found on Facebook Marketplace for various amounts. Some were $5 each, some were more and some were bought in lots of 20-30. 


 


He put the first side together to give him an idea on what size to build the other sides. 


Then it took some figuring to get the other sides right and we had to get more windows before it was all over. 








The door is a storm door from Marketplace. I wanted one that I could open so that we could use it for ventilation and a storm door was the perfect thing to use. 


I'll say now that this was a tremendous amount of work and even for my small greenhouse the walls were incredibly heavy. 







It's finally altogether here. In Part 2, I'll get it painted and the water catchment system and a few other things. 

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea, juat shared it with my boyfriend. So interested in learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sorry, not going to go measure it for no reason.

      Delete